COCONUT WAFFLE WITH POMEGRANATE SYRUP
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk about 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup Little Caria Pomegranate Extract Syrup
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 1 ½ cup shredded coconut lightly toasted, plus more for garnish
- Mix the self-rising flour, cornstarch, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the milk, coconut milk, coconut oil and eggs until combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with 3/4 cup toasted coconut, careful not to overmix.
- Let mix rest for 10 minutes while the waffle iron is heating up.
- Spray a waffle iron with cooking spray and heat until the waffle iron is hot.
- Cook the waffles in batches until golden brown.
- Top with additional toasted coconut and serve with Little Caria Pomegranate Extract Syrup.