LETTUCE SALAD WITH POMEGRANATE SOUR SYRUP
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 table spoons Little Caria Pomegranate Sour Syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 lb green leaf lettuce (2 heads), trimmed and leaves torn into 2-inch pieces (20 cups)
- 1/2 lb watercress (2 bunches), coarse stems discarded and sprigs cut into 1-inch pieces (6 cups)
- Seeds from 1 large pomegranate (1 1/4 cups), bitter white membranes discarded
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds (2 1/4 oz), toasted
Whisk together lime juice, sugar, salt, and pepper until sugar and salt are dissolved, then add oil in a steady stream, whisking until combined.
Combine lettuce, watercress, and half of pomegranate seeds in a large serving bowl. Toss with just enough dressing to coat, then sprinkle with almonds and remaining pomegranate seeds.
•Lettuce and watercress can be washed and spun dry 1 day ahead and chilled separately, wrapped in dampened paper towels, in sealed plastic bags.
•Pomegranate can be seeded 1 day ahead. Chill seeds in an airtight container.
•Almonds can be toasted 1 day ahead and cooled completely, then kept in an airtight container at room temperature.