ORANGE CAKE WITH CAROB SYRUP
- 3 cage-free organic eggs
- 3 cups vanilla flavored yogurt
- 1 tsb vanilla extract
- 2 cups wheat flour sifted to remove bran
- 2/3 cup unsweetened dried coconut.
- 1/2 tsb baking powder
- 1 tsb baking soda
- 3/4 tsb salt
- 2 tsb grated orange rind
- 2 sticks soy margarin
- 3/ 4 cup Little Caria Carob Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a Bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs, soy yogurt and vanilla and set aside.
- On low speed in the bowl of a mixer, stir sifted flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange rind for 30 seconds.
- Add margarine and beat on low speed until dry ingredients are moistened, then beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape bowl and add egg mixture.
- Beat for 1 more minute.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.